FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:17 pm
HofstraJet

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
I Can't Check In Online / Online Check-In (OLCI) Issues (2020 onwards)

My niece is trying to check in for her flight tomorrow. She originally checked in and noticed a typo in her middle name. Called AC and, after 2 hours on hold, they undid the check-in and fixed the typo and presumably reissued the ticket as a new email was received with the correct name and a new ticket number.

Now, she cannot check in. Website provides the following at the end of the error message: CNA_UNAVAILABLE_ET_COUPON

Looks like something is amiss with the way they reissued the ticket. Of course, AC customer service is useless ("you're within 24 hours" or "it's the website - try again later").

Any suggestions?

As an aside, her friend is checked in but her seat was changed from what she selected when checking in and now they are no longer together. She is unable to change her seat online or through the app (and she has an economy flex ticket) and, again, customer service can't do anything.

Overall, I am unimpressed with AC so far. Hopefully the flights go well.