FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA proactively cancelling segments thinking you'll misconnect is a bad idea
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:44 pm
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
OK, I had it backwards --appears UA applied UA rules to the ANA flight (if UA did this). I find it hard to understand how T-10 works for ANA but taking passengers at T-10 basically means not departing ontime.

But then why could not ANA re-instate the flight?

(I have now read the previous post on the ticket issues and are now even more confused about what was going on )
From what I understand, UA added a protection flight, but un-checked me in and offloaded me from the original NH835 at the last minute. United had control of the ticket, and NH, for whatever reason, couldn't regain control from UA and reinstate the segment before departure.

Overall, a protection flight should be just that, to protect if you don't make the original connection. But to un-check me before departure based on an assumption is where I'm a bit irked. The reservation still shows the flight I should have been allowed to board, so that's why I'm puzzled as well:
Attached Images