FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:28 pm
Nephoi

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
The issue has been that you probably didn't have both Transatlantic flights with a flight number from the ticketing carrier. The Joint Venture fares between Europe and North America require that the ticketing carrier from the JV (AA, BA, IB and AY) is booked on both the out- and inbound leg over the Atlantic (TATL).
didnt know that either. but obviously my call center agent did know that cause she used the wright flight numbers for the transcontinental (told her AA flight numbers, she used the BA ones)

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Nephoi's itinerary was finalised with advice/assistance from me, based on his limitations and wishes. I do wish to underline that it's just one out of hundreds of cominations that are doable. I do not recommend being a copycat, because it requires a little more effort. In case one is inexperienced, it's best to remember: KISS. Over time one becomes more seasoned in this.
totally forgot to mention that. obviously unintended: Thank you so much. Without your help and insight I wouldn't have found the itinerary. I got a few messages and could assist at least once in how to get such itineraries from the matrix and what kind of input to the matrix is needed. as stated somewhere else: it is a wonderful feeling to give something back to this friendly, helpful and decent community. its rare to find people like you in these days.