FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:49 pm
Gentleman Adventurer

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Any recent club lounge experiences?
My wife and I stayed at IC Robertson Quay for 6 nights in May 2019 and loved it. We booked a Club InterContinental Studio (23sqm) and were upgraded to a Club Riverview Studio King (also 23sqm, but better view).

We absolutely loved our stay at the hotel. It is incredibly stylish and trendy. It was designed by some famous Singaporean luxury architect as I recall, but would need to double check.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Club Lounge. Breakfast had a decent selection at the buffet in addition to a menu of hot items. The staff was very nice and polite, but sometimes just a tad too slow... For example, when ordering breakfast from the menu, evening something simple like an omelette or avocado toast, it just seemed to take forever. Maybe I was too rushed, but at least it felt that way compared to other Club Lounges. The staff took the time to remember our preferences and by the second or third day when we came for breakfast they would ask us if we wanted the usual.

Afternoon tea was extraordinarily scrumptious. The brought you a proper 3-course set of savory sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, and deserts. All of it was very tasty and made on premises.

Evening canapés and cocktails were also impressive in terms of the creativity that went into each evening's special items.

The chef is very talented. We have stayed at 5-6 ICs with Club Lounges since then and my wife always compares it to the Singapore Robertson Quay Club Lounge (in the sense that these other ones just don't compare).

The Lounge itself is on the second floor of the building, giving decent views. It wasn't too crowded most of the time we were there, but there was a day or two when suddenly it seemed a bit more crowded.