FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low/medium-priced hotel in Tokyo area with good buffet breakfast, in April?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:39 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Low/medium-priced hotel in Tokyo area with good buffet breakfast, in April?

Hi all --

In my travels to Japan, one of the highlights for me is the nice Japanese buffet breakfasts you find at some even simple/medium tier hotels. The kind where there's miso soup, grilled salmon, rolled egg, curry rice, maybe some chawanmushi + other local dishes, maybe a pork/veg stew. I try to find these ideal price point + breakfast hotels for my stays, if it's not too expensive (<$100-120 is ideal). I mean, I love this stuff and I can skip lunch all the way to a nice dinner after that in the morning.

I struggle to find one of these on an upcoming trip for cherry blossoms, in the Tokyo area, at the beginning of April. Many hotels are already sold out solid, I don't know why? Could it be the cherry blossoms?

Would you have any suggestions for what Tokyo hotels offer this kind of breakfast for that reasonable a price? For reference, in the past, I've found this at:
  • Hotel Hokke club chain hotel (Fukuoka, many other cities) -- but closest with breakfast buffet is Fujisawa
  • APA hotel (though not quite as extensive a buffet, still good quality)
  • Hotel Sunroute (sometimes, and then generally simpler buffet)

I'm just unfamiliar with what hotel chains / names to start looking in Tokyo area for aside from above. Or I guess in the worst case, I can go out and find such a breakfast and pay 2000Y in a restaurant. It's not a dealbreaker but would be really nice. I'm willing to stay up to like 30 min train ride outside Tokyo central area.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

-- edit: alternatively, if I'm thinking about the cherry blossom season in the wrong way and would be advised to just leave Tokyo for somewhere else in Japan, I'm glad to hear those suggestions too!

Last edited by TA; Jan 14, 2020 at 9:53 am