FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checking in for delayed flights - Puzzling situation
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:08 am
LonghornDXB

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Originally Posted by dav662
In my opinion in out stations it's complicated by the fact that check in counters are not owned by the airlines but pay for them on a hourly rate in some cases. The same with the staff. It's easier for the handling staff to check in all the passengers and baggage and close the flight and vacate the counters or reduce the number of counters open if they have a huge delay.
But I agree with you in that if they inform you then they should respect and expect passengers would come in time for the check in for the new departure time.
In Dac, the checkin staff are Emirates Bangladesh office employees, and not external staff

As for check in counters, in the recent case, it should not have been an issue, as the entire area was open for a later flight at 1 am scheduled (and which would actually depart at 9am).
Either ways, the staff did not act difficult, they just rebuked and then took care of checking us in. The bd behavior we got was from the guy handling the queues and other passengers of the later flight who thought we were jumping the line when we were ushered to the front . I felt angry but later realized those poor people would have to wait 10 hours in the airport because of the delay in their flight