FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air China punctuality concern
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:27 am
lmajestic95

Air China punctuality concern

I have a SFO-PEK-BOM all through Air China. The layover in PEK between the two flights is 1 hr, 20 mins and from flightstats website, it appears Air China's SFO-PEK is almost always late. I am afraid I'll miss my connecting Air China flight PEK-BOM.

Will Air China give hotel stay or meals or some alternative arrangement if this happens? I've heard they sometimes make the connecting flight wait for passengers (thus delaying the other flight too) -is this true? Should I put a word to the air hostesses or Air China personnel of my connecting flight before hand?

Also read that security can put "blue Air China stickers" that'll help speed up the security checks at PEK airport so that passengers can board the connecting flight quickly -is this true? How to get such a "blue ticket"?

Lastly if we miss Air China PEK-BOM due to delayed Air China SFO-PEK flight landing at PEK airport, can Air China put me on PEK-DEL flight and I don't mind arranging my flight from DEL-BOM in India? This wouldn't help much as the connecting Air China PEK-DEL flight is also ~40 mins later than the Air China PEK-BOM flight but still it might help.

Also is it true that Air China can cancel a flight if there are not enough passengers? I've read this too causing passengers to strand in PEK airport indefinitely or they having to arrange their own flight.

Last edited by lmajestic95; Jan 14, 2020 at 2:37 am