FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:30 pm
BookerT

Originally Posted by levilevi
Wasn't offered and didnt ask.. .check in was actually very hectic.. it was raining heavily and a wedding party was inside the club tower lobby/lounge, so maybe 60-80 people in there reveling (not a problem , understandable), so the front desk agent there was just trying to get us in/out as fast as possible, and I didn't mind what we had. Sorry I couldn't get the data point
We are here now. It was much slower at our check-in. I asked about upgrades and was taken up to see the Club Ocean Front Master Suite in person. My family said they liked it so he told them to stay and get settled in while I went back to the lobby to finish checking in. When we got all the way back to the main building lobby he dropped "oh by the way it is an extra $100/night, that is okay right?" on me. After being up since 3AM I think I just started at him blankly because he quickly dropped it down to $80.

I feel a bit bamboozled because of the way he left my family up in the room before telling me it was not a complementary upgrade, but we like the room and are enjoying our stay so far.