FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of dropping AA for Delta
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:59 am
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by saunders111
I switched from AA to Delta last fall despite AA having a much more frequent schedule out of my home airport, ABQ. The bottom line is that I prefer Delta because the AA response to IRROPS was repeatedly a giant middle finger to me as a PLT. Having frequent flights from DFW to ABQ did me no good at all, if I was sitting in DCA pleading with surly customer facing employees about getting a seat on a flight that had tickets for sale, after a mechanical cancellation.

Having now flown on Delta for about six months, I have to say the ONE thing that I miss from AA, as a former PLT, is MCE access at time of booking. Delta does that wrong, treating Comfort+ as an upgrade for GLD and PLT that might or might not happen after booking.

saunders111
The OP is considering buying an AC membership. I've found that the AC staff will be very proactive in helping with re-routes compared to a TA or GA that just wants you to go away and accept whatever you are being told. It's AC staff that will make a telephone call to make something happen. Doing your own research helps them help you. The AC staff can also find out the true story behind a mechanical delay other than the detail less story you get from a GA.