FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:31 am
TravelTheWorld66

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I’ve been RA for 6 years. In 2019 I had 175 nights and $43,000 spend, but only $9000 spend at ICs. I was not renewed as RA.

I sent an email to Keith Barr and was contacted by an executive liaison. They reviewed my account and confirmed my downgrade to Ambassador. In my response I indicated that I would move ALL of my business elsewhere if I wasn’t RA (because there’s no point in staying with IHG otherwise) and they basically responded with “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”.

Seems strange that they would lose a valuable long time customer over some mini bar nips and stale lounge croissants. But anyways, I’ve started staying at other brands (Hilton, Hyatt, etc.) and it’s very freeing. This might have been a good thing after all. I’m starting to see that I may have missed a lot of nice properties by only looking to stay with IHG.