FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:09 am
minizian

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It depends on the carrier, and how well integrated the systems are. For some carriers my status just show as Emerald, some show the full JMLM/Emerald.

It will work fine, you will get Sapphire services just as now just by registering the card. You can just show the card if you want to accrue elsewhere but use JGC for lounge access. Just be careful, as some airlines defaults to setting your FFP on the booking to the one you use for lounge access. BA is particularly strict in this.
Ah well noted, I do not have other FFP on my end other than MH which and will be stuck in base level for quite some time.

For MH, the lounge they actually scan the boarding pass before entering (I did not ask about the "showing card part") i did not show my card to them except during check in just to make sure all details are correct to prevent complication..

So I supposed one will need to change the FFP at the check in counter before they print out the boarding pass.