FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:31 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by minizian
I am curious, if JGC Sapphire member take another OW carrier flight?

What would be showing on the boarding pass. Mine when taking MH it was shown as "JMGM/Sapphire" is this normal or it should be shown as "JGCM"?

Just asking this when I was doing some random google search on JMGM and also wondering will happen if I present green JGC card next year if I am downgrade to green when I took MH.
It depends on the carrier, and how well integrated the systems are. For some carriers my status just show as Emerald, some show the full JMLM/Emerald.

It will work fine, you will get Sapphire services just as now just by registering the card. You can just show the card if you want to accrue elsewhere but use JGC for lounge access. Just be careful, as some airlines defaults to setting your FFP on the booking to the one you use for lounge access. BA is particularly strict in this.