FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United removed my mobile boarding pass and ruined my trip
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:12 pm
bsh

Programs: UA GS, 1.6MM miles, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by jsloan

They didn’t. They stopped displaying it within the application because it wasn’t valid anymore, because your ticket was out of sync.

Clearly a backup boarding pass would have been good, and maybe OP (and others...) will do that from now on. But, as said above, isn't the point of the mobile boarding, in part, to not have to do that? ... And whatever you think about that, it's splitting hairs to say that United didn't remove the boarding pass from the app, but instead "stopped displaying it" in the app because "it wasn't valid anymore" because the ticket was "out of sync". If the ticket was still valid (which it seems it was because it was not canceled, he was not offloaded, and was allegedly on original flight and protected on another, then there does not seem to be anything that would indicate that anything has gone wrong with the BP and it seems very reasonable to expect the BP will appear in the app. I'm not aware of anything that would alert someone to the issue of BPs being out of sync.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 14, 2020 at 12:16 am Reason: OMNI content removed