FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United removed my mobile boarding pass and ruined my trip
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:57 pm
dval44

United removed my mobile boarding pass and ruined my trip

Flying back home to my wife and kids. SJO-IAH-DEN.

90 minute connection.

Everything is fine at IAH. I have global entry, clear, premier, etc. Waste 30 minutes in the “transit” security getting sniffed by dogs. Get up to the metal detectors and there is only one line. First class, precheck, clear, don’t matter. I wait in that line for 20 minutes.

Then disaster strikes. I pull up my United app to show my boarding pass and there is no button for boarding pass. Just “trip details” and “map to gate.” I fumble and mumble to the tsa guy how this can’t be. I’m in the middle of my journey and my flight boards in 10 minutes.

simply nothing.

I run all the way back past all the people to the United desk. Wait in another line there. Starting to make some noises.

The lady said this is what happened: United “protected” me by putting me also on a later flight. But, you can never have two boarding passes. So when they protected me, they took away my boarding pass. What a nightmare.

now I’ve missed my flight and am stuck, all because United snatched away my bp. Lesson to self to always always screenshot and/or get paper BPs

what the heck, united?