FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:23 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Greetings and felicitations from Portland, Oregon! I just detrained from the Coast Starlight after a 3 day journey from Colorado that included a ride on my favorite Amtrak train, the California Zephyr. In any event, nice to see things percolating along so nicely here. Thanks to all for the great questions and answers. I''m about to head off to Seaside, Oregon but I'll have a quick go at a couple here...

47. If you wanted to fly nonstop from Hamilton, Ontario in Canada to a destination in Florida at this time, you could do so but only twice a week. What airline would you call, what would be your destination in Florida and what type of aircraft would you be flying on?

Let's go with Nordair, routing via Montreal into Ft. Lauderdale

52. Now you are in Milwaukee and need to travel to Los Angeles for a meeting the next morning. There's a flight departing MKE in the mid afternoon that will get you into LAX by early evening with one stop being made en route. Name the air carrier, the stop and the equipment.

Let's try Midwest Express with an MD-80 via Las Vegas
Howdy Seat 2A! Sounds like you are on the mend and back in the saddle! And that is certainly good news!

47. Nope, it wasn't Nordair (and you probably meant to include a B737-200 as the equipment.....but the flight in question wasn't operated with a 73S) and this service did not make an intermediate stop en route. And on the plus side of the column, this flight did operate nonstop between Hamilton (YHM) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL).

52. Nope, it wasn't Midwest Express, the stop was not made at LAS and the aircraft wasn't an MD-80.....but you are on the right track concerning the equipment.

Please guess again, sir!