FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:07 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Having dinner with a friend on the other coast. The original plan was flying TCON same-day return (return flight is a red-eye), but last minute decided to return the next morning. Didn't see any option to SDC my flight to next morning, even a later overnight (there are 2 or 3).

Of course, the first flight had mx issues (departed and arrived 1.5 hours late), and now I have all kinds of options to change from the app.

Did I do anything wrong initially? My original itinerary/flight schedule had a three hour+ layover in between.
If there was availability, you could have called to do the SDC. It’s possible that the app got confused about what your destination was. Flying the outbound would have cleared that up.

That said, it’s also possible that there isn’t any actual availability in your fare class, and that your reservation is tagged with the IRROPS flag, which gives you the ability to rebook into positive space (any fare class in your cabin). Which, frankly, is entirely reasonable if they’ve turned a 3-hour stay into 1.5 hours.