FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of the Quality of UA's In-Flight Meals
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:27 pm
big V

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by Artpen100
And Brussels Airlines recently upped the quality of their TATL food as well (as well as refreshing the seats, and adding an in-flight Belgian beer bar). UA is really at the bottom in terms of quality of in-flight food, and starting to be matched with seating as well..
Previously I was only able to compare UA J meals to ANA and LH. And despite the better food on both, the hard product at UA made me prefer UA. I felt like I could suck up the difference in food, since I value sleep the most and don't like ANA's seats and some of LH's seats.

I recently flew SQ in J and was blown away at the quality of both the hard and soft products. Apps choices were lobster or beef, Perrier Jouet was flowing freely, excellent mains, cheese, dessert....and they gave you a box of Neuhaus chocolates (about 15-20) in a little Neuhaus bag as a parting gift. SQ food and beverage was ridiculously better than my return on Polaris. As was the seat.

While I default to UA for the BIS and chasing MM, I won't think twice about prioritizing SQ over UA the next time. The difference was like eating at, say Capital Grille in SQ vs TGI Fridays on UA. (Sadly. Because UA does me right by and large, and I really want to keep liking them. But they are not making it easy for me to do so when it comes to their food...)