FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Suite Upgrade Policy (New)
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:54 am
zappy312

Originally Posted by calculus1918
What is going on with this Marriott Reservation System???

We have stays coming up in NYC, Washington DC, Guangzhou and Chengdu this year. We have already emailed each property and requested a complimentary upgrade with our titanium status. Many of the properties mentioned above were kind and upgraded us to a suite and we were ecstatic. For example, our next stay at the Aloft Long Island City Manhattan View, the generous staff had already upgraded our points reservation to the Breezy Penthouse suite last November (Confirmation Number 74638203). However, when I logged into my account this morning, everything had changed back to the basic double room. We had already spent time emailing each property writing numerous reviews based on our valuable experiences on TripAdvisor. Now with this glitch, we are starting from scratch.

We have been loyal members for years, but the merge is making things harder and harder which should not be the case. We are also diamond members with the Hilton chain and the glitches seems to happen more often on the Bonvoy side post merger. By the way, all of our reservations made with cash stayed the same, this strictly applies to point or annual award reservation.
Did your reservation number change? When legacy SPG properties moved over to the Marriott system, I lost the upgrade I paid for in advance at the St. Regis Bora Bora. An extra email or two was needed to rectify that.

I've also seen that happen with a complementary upgrade that I secured in advance, the property fixed it without hesitation at all once I notified them.