FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Jan 11, 2020, 7:14 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nancypants
Ok back with another random question - I have flights booked into CAN and out of HKG
i was going to book a flight CAN-HKG, most likely refund it and take the slow train to Hong Kong instead, which I believe meets the TWOV requirements (whereas the fast train doesn’t)

however, I am now looking for a way to go from CAN to Macau, preferably without transiting HKG first

is this possible/TWOVable? Something about a fast train to Zhuhai and then walk across the border?
Hi Nancy.

1. I haven't read TIMATIC during the past 2 months because I haven't had a need to, and the language is mind numbing
2. But, all valid exit/entry ports are listed, and IIRC, Zhuhai does qualify in theory
3. The problem is that you officially need a confirmed onward ticket in order to get TWOV in the first place, and obviously you won't have one if you're planning on walking across the border in Zhuhai
4. A ferry from Shekou to Macau could work, and I know of one service that could help you buy a ticket in advance; it's called Ringyi, and you can find them on Wechat if you search for official accounts
-I have used Ringyi on several occasions for help with shipping stuff, finding a locksmith, etc
-their service fee used to be a flat Y50, and I'm guessing this is still the case
5. I honestly don't think we have a single data point on this yet

Last edited by moondog; Jan 11, 2020 at 7:20 am