FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]
Old Sep 9, 2004, 4:51 am
Dambus

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ralphshenkis
I'll be staying at this hotel in a few weeks and am wondering what the restaurant options are at the hotel or in the area? Any particular recommendations (probably looking at one or two more formal dinners and several budget-minded meals).
Based on our stay here in August I would suggest you wander down to the market area in the centre of Versaille, at least for your budget-minded meals. It's about a 10 minute walk, 5 min drive. There are plenty of cosy restaurants to choose from. If you ask at reception they will give you a detailed list of options in the area and even make recommendations and reservations if you want.

We didn't get to try Trois Marches since it is closed during the whole month of August (a fact I didn't realise when I booked! ). The Cafe Trianon is basic brasserie quality IMHO.

The hotel itself is fantastic - be sure to ask for a palace room with a view over the (real) Palace next door!

-- Dambus