FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infant flew without being on ticket
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:09 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by yuel
have your flown with a child under 2? Then you would understand? We have flown over 100k miles with my child, so a lot of experience, but this is a first
Just to provide some perspective for you, I have flown about 60K miles with a child (mine) under 2. And I don't really understand. I think you are saying that you are surprised that either (1) you can fly with a lap child without a ticket, or (2) you can take your own child across state lines (on an airplane) without paperwork. As you've observed, both are possible. When I first took my baby on a flight, I researched these things a bit on the internet. So I wasn't surprised by them.

It's okay that you're surprised. Flyertalk is a good place to learn. But heckling other posters for not understanding why you're surprised is not very nice.

Also, in another post, you wrote "[it] doesn't matter if it's domestic." Actually, this matters a lot. International flights with lap infants almost always require (1) a ticket, and (2) paperwork, e.g. a passport for the infant.