FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access
Thread: Lounge Access
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2002, 11:06 am
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
At least they gave you access and didnt stand there stating that you were not allowed treating you as if you are trying to trespass into the lounge like I have had with AA.

When I went to the AA lounge at BOS and showed my QF Platinum card , I had the same experience as you wirth BA. It was only after I pointed out it was Emerald that she them showed me through to the Flagship Lounge.

It does seem conspiritorial doesnt it. They are very able at stopping people with red blobs on their card but are incapable of telling between the blue and green blobs

Dave
</font>
I may have got in the lounge, but at Amsterdam last night they wouldn't let me in the Business Class checking queue. The line guard (I fancied using the term "door whore" here, like they do in nightclubs as there are a lot of similarities, but thought better of it) insisted I go to the Y desk and when I told her that as Emerald I could use the queue she wouldn't have any of it. There was only one other person in the queue there, but if you know BA's check in area at Schipol, its about 20 meters from the J desks. No hardship, but another case of where staff don't know the rules. If the queue was longer I would of insisted. But, yes Dave I know that feeling you describe.

Qantas seem to know the rules better than the other. They gave me access to their 1st class lounge even though my EXP/Emerald card hadn't arrived, but was logged in the system an on my boarding card. They've given me exit row seats and blocked off ones next to me all with out me asking. They must keep track of One World members because when I recently added a domestic QF flight to my BA flight and gave my AA FF number, the girl on the phone exclaimed "Gosh, you fly alot!".

PS The lounge at Schipol could do with a lick of paint. It's looking a bit tired.