FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to Moscow
Thread: BA to Moscow
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:01 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Am I right in thinking this route has the A321 with funny flat beds? If so, I think I can pay Y avios and £50 and get the best part of 8 hours in horizontal J.
It's not a route where you necessarily need to book well in advance, usually Avios availability to MOW is fairly good. The problem with booking well in advance is the risk of equipment change is high, and if they do any equipment changes / overhauls then the relatively quiet early months of year are a soft target. On any route this is a risk, and MOW has a lot of equipment options. The A321 midhaul is
a good product in CW. So by all means go to Moscow and use your Avios/certificate accordingly, but be aware that things can change. And allow a few weeks for getting the visa without having to rush it.

Note that BEY, AMM and sometimes CAI, TLV can also be WT + CW via the A321 and these locations all have their merits too.