FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Ko'olina vs Halekulani Oahu?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:34 pm
DavidO

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The problem with FS Ko Olina is that it's right next door to Disney's Aulani on the same man-made sandy beach along a lagoon. There are hundreds of chaise lounges belonging to the two resorts... It's also uncharacteristically large for a Four Seasons. If you do stay in Ko Olina, definitely go for a west-facing ocean view room (a view away from the lagoon).

Halekulani is renowned for great service. However, it's in downtown Honolulu on an even more crowded beach, Waikiki. Rooms are a bit on the bland side, though perfectly comfortable.

I'd also consider The Kahala Resort. Though its service is not at the level of Halekulani/Four Seasons per reviews on FT, I've always been happy with my stays there. What I like about The Kahala is that it's on a much more secluded beach.

All three resorts have Preferred Partner and/or Virtuoso amenities.

Your choice falls to the kind of setting you prefer for a vacation. Do you want seclusion? Do you want to be "in the action." Only you can answer that!