FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Short Haul Business - Great Service
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:17 pm
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well gosh . . . some are easily impressed, others are not. Guess we are all different.

As far as ATC goes, the European Union (note the word "union" here) has singularly failed to implement its European Single Sky project, despite decades of trying. If that's impressive, then it's an impressive failure. I won't hold that against KLM, though.

The catering? No idea what goes on in Y, but in J lunch has been enhanced away on shorthaul flights. I'm not impressed. Anytime For You is indeed a welcome improvement, but only available on a handful of routes, and even there they have backtracked by discontinuing the concept on night flights. I'm not impressed.

I'm Dutch enough to be able to rub along amicably with the crew, cultural quirks and all, but that's always been the case. Nothing unusual or special about that, and it is certainly not impressive.

What other carriers offer, provide or do is neither here nor there. When I fly KLM, I know what to expect (I've sure been flying them long and often enough), and they pretty much deliver on their promise, with only the odd exception. Fine, I'm happy to fly them, always have been. Consistent mediocrity is good enough for me. I'm just not impressed. Only jaded.

Johan