FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most luxurious African safari accommodations?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'm finally getting around to organizing a tour that I asked about two years ago. It's September so thinking South Africa and Okavango Delta. Anyone got thoughts on an Okavango Delta lodge? I'll almost certainly do one of the Singitas for SA (in addition to two nights at the unluxurious Skukuza camp, because I also love the self-driving experience).

Thanks in advance.

Also, how does one get from Jo'burg to the Okavango camp -- charter all the way? or first fly to Vic Falls? What's that part cost?
It has been many years , we transitted Jo ‘ burg to Livingston for Victoria Falls before Botswana . Stayed at Toka Leya Lodge when it was new & the staff were warm with excellent meals . Really enjoyed it & sundowners , etc on the river & walking the falls .

Flying to Okavango Delta , our Kiwi pilot was wonderful & flew over the falls for us - spectacular .

We stayed near Jao which we visited , & which we would have stayed , cannot recall ours though ..

Had to stay overnight in Jo ‘ burg for the return flight .. did not venture out ..

As KI-NRT says , combine with Cape Town / region especially if you think you will not be returning so soon .

Watch out for sand flies !!

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 9, 2020 at 4:18 pm