FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most luxurious African safari accommodations?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:02 pm
KI-NRT

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
I'd definitely opt for Botswana over South Africa. The ONLY reason to go with SA is if you don't want your trip to be all about the safari; i.e., you'd like to combine it with visits to Cape Town, the Cape Winelands, etc. For pure safari awesomeness, however... Botswana all the way.

Mombo, Duba Plains and Zarafa was what we did in our most recent safari. Good contrast in terms of scenery. Only thing missing is the Mokoro rides (none of them offer it), although - to be honest - you do it once and you'll be done with it. If a water-based camp is a requirement, you can swap Mombo or Duba Plains with Jao.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'm finally getting around to organizing a tour that I asked about two years ago. It's September so thinking South Africa and Okavango Delta. Anyone got thoughts on an Okavango Delta lodge? I'll almost certainly do one of the Singitas for SA (in addition to two nights at the unluxurious Skukuza camp, because I also love the self-driving experience).

Thanks in advance.

Also, how does one get from Jo'burg to the Okavango camp -- charter all the way? or first fly to Vic Falls? What's that part cost?

Last edited by KI-NRT; Jan 9, 2020 at 9:54 pm