FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most luxurious African safari accommodations?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:05 pm
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Duba Plains is very nice in the Okavango. The other Botswana lodge I love ( my favorite) is Zarafa - run by same organization as Duba Plains, and in
Selinda Reserve, not the Okavango. Easy to arrange flight between the two.

To get from Jo’berg to the Okavango or any of the main Botswana lodges you can fly commercially to Maun where the lodges will meet you and fly you by charter to their airstrip. Or you can charter in which case you will have to stop in maun but then can continue on. We have done both. The big advantage to a charter is not having to go through exit immigration in jo’berg which can sometimes be a very long line. However you can pay for VIP service where they get you through faster. Saxon arranged that for us in the past.

Have fun! Will be a great trip!

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'm finally getting around to organizing a tour that I asked about two years ago. It's September so thinking South Africa and Okavango Delta. Anyone got thoughts on an Okavango Delta lodge? I'll almost certainly do one of the Singitas for SA (in addition to two nights at the unluxurious Skukuza camp, because I also love the self-driving experience).

Thanks in advance.

Also, how does one get from Jo'burg to the Okavango camp -- charter all the way? or first fly to Vic Falls? What's that part cost?