FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios & Tier Points when first and last name switched on ticket
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:14 am
wheatbeer

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Just wanted to report back on it went in case anyone else ends up in a similar situation.

My wife and I were on separate bookings as she was in J and me in Y as I already had enough Tier Points. So we checked in separately as I thought it would be interesting to see what happens if one of us tries to fly with the name changed and one doesn't.

Me - went to check-in desk and handed my passport over and didn't mention anything about the names. Initially the agent couldn't find my booking but after checking what time flight I was on and asking if I was a BA FF (not sure why?) she found it. Agent didn't say anything about the names being reversed, printed my boarding pass with the names still reversed and that was it. The boarding pass had my BA FF on it but it didn't say what status I was underneath. I didn't have any issues at immigration leaving KUL or at CGK. Even with the names reversed the Avios and Tier Points posted to my BA FF account fine 3 days after the flight.

Wife - went to the check-in desk and explained the situation with the names and that the Twitter team had said they would be able to correct. Agent said it isn't possible for her to amend the name but that it didn't matter if it was reversed it would be fine to travel. Wife explained that she wants to make sure she gets the Tier Points so would prefer to get it changed. Agent seemed a bit confused but said the ticket desk may be able to help. Ticket desk seemed a bit confused also but eventually got it. They wanted to see her BA FF card before doing it but after a lot of tapping on the computer he said it was all sorted. No request for money to change it. The boarding pass showed the names in the correct order and also her Oneworld status unlike on mine. Her Avios and Tier Points posted to her BA FF account 3 days after the flight like mine.

So all in all was a resounding success! Now she is back to Oneworld Sapphire . Was a bit surprised my Avios & TP's posted as I was expecting to have to claim for them (was only 5 TP's anyway).

Thanks again for everyone's help.