FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Philipines Airlines (PR) Another Partner for Chester to Nab?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:49 am
davistev

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
PR is by far the worst airline I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to fly with. I have family in the Philippines so a direct flight seemed optimal when they first launched but I’d rather be stranded in Changi or HKG for a day than fly PR every again. Atrocious customer service, subpar hard product, and inflexible scheduling despite purchasing flexible fares.

In short, this is not an airline AS or any other American carrier should want to partner with.
Wow - pretty harsh. I do remember when PR was horrible to deal with 10-15 years ago but this is one airline that has actually improved. My recent experience with PR has been pretty good. They have a good Business Class product with attentive service on newer aircraft, excellent Philippine domestic connections for the 2 x 32kg bag limit (Trans Pacific) transfered to final destination, friendly crew and miles accrued to ANA. Actually, I think ANA has put a lot of effort into service training with PR recently. Fares are reasonable as well.

As for flying in the back of the bus - I have very low expectations of every airline for flying discount economy. However they still have the 23kg 2 bag limit for Trans Pacific flights which include domestic connections. It is just a flying bus. I always bring a sandwich, fruit, snacks and my own entertainment - solves many issues in the back. Granted - Manila terminal 2 is horrible.

The luggage factor cannot be underestimated here as Filipinos love to pack heavy and Philippine domestics flights bought seperately have very expensive domestic luggage charges. If your final destination is a city other than Manila with lots of luggage, PR is the way to go.

Last edited by davistev; Jan 9, 2020 at 10:09 am