FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Surprising Shenzhen via SilkAir and SQ Business
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:11 am
ycp81

Had a glass of champagne to go with my meal.

My friend had pre-ordered the Singapore Fried Hokkien Mee served with Belachan Chilli, which tasted fairly authentic as well. It was a good choice to have pre-ordered from the All-Time Favourites menu as the onboard choices served to the other passengers looked 'meh'.

Ending with the delightful cake.

To round up the meal, I had a mug of hot chocolate while spending the rest of the flight on the movie.

Visit to the lavatory, which was clean but nothing special, with the same amenities as you would find in a SQ Economy class lavatory. Definitely no branded amenities here.

Before our descent into Shenzhen, crew came around to offer pralines in individual dishes and any other beverages.

This was followed by more hot towels and sweets during descent. The service by the SilkAir crew were excellent! It may not be as formal and elaborate as SQ, but you could sense the service was genuine and crew was all out to please even with the very limited hardware.

Soon, we were approaching Shenzhen and landed in Bao An International Airport Rwy16 slightly ahead of schedule.