FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 45 minutes to check in this morning at Manchester airport
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:14 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

In short it really is best to follow instructions and by all means contact the airport afterwards to give feedback.

That's exactly what I do, c-w-s.

I've been through MAN T3 over 40 times in 2019 and started my 2020 saga yesterday.

I have to say that generally the staff at the conveyor are friendly enough and I don't think I have ever been shouted or barked at by them, but yesterday was in a class of its own for the almost painfully slow movement of the one member of staff in the secondary screening area - with another member of staff literally just watching her. It was like watching a film in slow motion or like being in Kafka's "The Trial"

I just waited and waited, until I had to ask one of the managers politely to add another member of staff to the secondary screening, which they did without challenge.

Once I'd got through to the BA lounge, I wrote to MAN Airport through their "contact us" form. I also wrote to BA to advise them of the overall situation at MAN now that it's all Menzies and I suspect they're told all is fine once per month at their partner review meetings (or however frequently they meet)

I don't think that any other approach would work and it's not worth raising the blood pressure!