FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 45 minutes to check in this morning at Manchester airport
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:33 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I have seen them stand and openly laugh at an elderly woman who couldn't lift her suitcase (that wasn't security that was onto the belt after check in- checked luggage) as they stood and watched. As I went to help her they laughed at us both (I was recovering from surgery- I did post about it at the time)
I get that- they were laughing at her- and then when I went help there were some comments along the lines of give it some wellie love. She was visibly upset.
You keep adding more and more detail to your complaints. In the original post, it was an old man, and you mentioned nothing about comments or being laughed at.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28674391-post8.html

I did this 2 weeks ago-ORD then SAT. Arrived about 3 hours before flight. There was 1 desk with 2 counters open. There was a small queue. Was unable to check in on line in either direction as they said my documents had to be checked at the airport (UK passport with esta).

My luggage certainly did not the disappear onto a belt! I have a large eastpak wheeled soft bag- they said that all soft bags had to be taken by the passenger to another belt. I questioned this and was told it was standard manchester practice. You had to upload them yourself whilst 2 guys on the desk/belt watched. The belt was quite high and it was a definite lift not a pull/push. I also ended up lifting the bag of the old chap behind me. I was very non plussed that they just watched while travellers clearly struggled and based on this alone I won't be flying with AA from Manchester again.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 9, 2020 at 2:53 am Reason: To comply with rule 12