FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 45 minutes to check in this morning at Manchester airport
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:19 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Quite

People should stop posting here and raise direct

I did - three times: no acknowledgement.....
.....but ALL the travelators/walkways between the station and T1 are now in use. AND the station escalator is working, too.

Little by little, and - my God! - it's slow work.

I've never encountered out-and-out rudeness in the security arena. Perhaps my skin has thickened, and i can see why orders are shouted and there's a certain brusqueness of manner. They are dealing with an awful lot of very infrequent travellers, all in holiday mode.

But face to face I've found most agents helpful - and not one has been impatient at me placing everything that has caused "a secondary" out of my bag, in an armada of trays so that not a single article overlaps or touches another (thereby offending the remote God who decides things). Those articles includes an electric toothbrush, cables and a tube of fizzy vitamin tablets - as well as the normal stuff.

I don't need to do this level of sorting at any other airport I travel through. I've shared this with supervisors and managers, they've explained a few things - including exasperation with the technical level of equipment they use, and they way they are mandated to use it. Which puts things beyond my technical level, but given the state of infrastructure in the rest of the airport, I'm willing to take the managers' evaluation.