FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How far in advance to book/dynamic pricing?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:33 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by JayEmCee
Ugh I'm not sure I have the patience and time to be checking rates daily. Are there any agents who check and rebook you at lower rates?
Our team checks every hotel booking about every two weeks for rate movements, new promos etc.
Sometimes more sometimes less depending what's going on
Depending on the client we rebook at a lower price or if it is someone I know well I'll just move up their room catagory for the same'ish previously agreed price and put it down as a confirmed upgrade and wait for another upgrade at check-in. Hotels, unlike air, can be book and rebooked many many times without a fee which is why you should always book early and just see what happens. I always appreciate if clients spot a lower rate themselves and let us know.

I believe the people behind AutoSlash, who post in the car rental forums here, are working on a similar product for hotels to monitor prices