FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How far in advance to book/dynamic pricing?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:07 am
JayEmCee

How far in advance to book/dynamic pricing?

We intend to take 4 trips this year - 2 in August and 2 in September. All N America - Vancouver, LA, New York and Chicago. I'm wondering if it's too early to book now with a Virtuoso agent? How far in advance are people generally booking?

I've seen some decent rates and I'm wary of them going higher because right now they seem fairly good deal. I tend to be an early bird but have over the years been asked if I'm British when I make very early reservations as it's not as common as in the US. We are indeed expats lol! I've also been watching some hotel rates fluctuate wildly as they're using dynamic pricing. An example - Hotel Bel-Air in LA - from November until today I've watched the same room go $795-$695-$995-$1295-$995. Ugh I'm not sure I have the patience and time to be checking rates daily. Are there any agents who check and rebook you at lower rates?

We've been caring for our parents for the past few years and we haven't traveled for leisure since 2014 so I'm a bit rusty.

Thanks.