FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay insurance benefits (2020-2023)
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:11 pm
shinjukuflyer

Originally Posted by shinjukuflyer
Situation 1
Was flying Southwest from BOS-CUN with a layover in BWI. The flight out of BOS was delayed (I think because of weather) enough that they told me at the gate there was no way I would make the CUN connection, and since it was the last flight that day, I would have to be rebooked for CUN the following day. So that's what I did, but because of that I lost my pre-paid hotel and car rental at CUN for that night.
An update on this claim. I'm being asked to provide:
  1. Verification from the Common Carrier, Tour Operator, Travel Agency, or Travel Supplier (ex: airlines,
    cruise lines, hotels, etc.) on their letterhead or email regarding any refunds or credits provided for future
    travel.
  2. A copy of your updated itinerary outlining any change fees you incurred to change your trip or
    documentation from the Common Carrier outlining any change fees you would incur to use your credit
    at a later date.
What should I provide for 1? Southwest isn't refunding me for anything. Do I need it in writing from them stating this fact? For 2, I already submitted a copy of my updated itinerary. There were no change fees incurred.