FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:37 pm
pauleeepaul

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I finally made it to this property last week for NYE, after 4-5 years of trying. I got a 5 night stay for 320k points (5 for 4), when the paid rates were north of $600. Marco Island is great, wonderful beach, lots of restaurants. And the weather was impeccable, 80 and sunny every day. The bones of the hotel are good, the rooms are generously sized with each having a balcony or lanai (AFAICT.)

But the execution was lacking. The food service in general, and breakfast in particular, was poor, both the quality of the food and the service. They ran out of plates and various menu options routinely, and the bacon was not editable. And in trying to call the valet to have the car brought up the phone repeatedly went unanswered. The staff members were friendly and seeming to want to accommodate. And it didn't seem like there weren't enough of them. So I concluded it was something in how the team was being managed. Granted it was busy, sold out NYE night- but certainly not a surprise.

Lastly the gym was underwhelming for a place that bills itself as a "resort and spa", a cross over pulley was the only piece of resistance equipment. Hamptons and HGIs routinely have a better setup.