FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:31 pm
SXP302

Happy New Year!

I am copy pasting my original post from the 2019 thread
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here on Flyertalk and signed up as I had an issue on BA.

We (a party of 3) flew on AA-issued tickets on last week (14th Dec).
1) The EU flight to LHR was delayed and therefore, we missed the connecting (AA) flight to JFK
2) We were rerouted on another flight to JFK and it arrived 4 hours, 11 mins after the originally scheduled flight we missed.(or 4 hours, 5 mins as per the schedule, but the AA flight arrived 6 minutes ahead of time)
3) Our baggage did not make it to us until 5 days later.

Questions:
1) As this is above 3500 kms, I believe the claim for compensation is legit. But how can I check for the real reason that the BA901 got delayed?
2) Do I need to put forward both the claims (flight delay and purchases owing to baggage delay) together?

I received a feedback today from BA.
- They will reimburse my expenditure for essentials during the 5 day delay of my baggage.
- They refused EC261 compensation on the ground that my inbound flight into Heathrow was delayed because of Air Traffic Control restrictions.

With the feedback about ATC-caused delay, am I at a dead-end here?

I have responded requesting specific detail of the ATC restriction that resulted in missing my connection to NY.

Thanks for your time!