FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Surprising Shenzhen via SilkAir and SQ Business
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:37 am
ycp81

Surprising Shenzhen via SilkAir and SQ Business

Due to the recent Hong Kong political unrest situation, I had tweaked my original flight to HKG and changed to the neighbouring city of Shenzhen. Was a good choice as there were several demonstrations in Hong Kong over the Christmas holidays.

Shenzhen was once the poor gateway from Hong Kong into China, but with recent rapid developments taking place, this secondary Chinese city has transformed into a very modern city rivaling the mega cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. It was almost 15 years since my last trip to Shenzhen and I was very surprised by the progress the city had made over these years.

Started the trip at Changi Terminal 2, where check-in was done at the sole SilkAir Business Class counter at Row 2.

Felt something was missing, turned to Row 1 where SQ's First and Business check-in row was, and yes indeed, the carpets at the premium check-in counters have been removed.

Boarding pass was printed on SQ stock.

First stop was the Silver Kris Lounge at Terminal 2.

At the entrance of the lounge, boarding passes were checked and we were directed to the Business Class section. Overheard some Star Alliance elites who were flying SilkAir economy being turned away as 'SilkAir is not part of Star Alliance'. Guess this problem would be gone in a year's time when SilkAir is fully integrated into SQ.

Work area near the entrance.

Seating area. The lounge is in need of a total revamp, and hopefully revamp will commence after the lounge at T3 is completed.

Buffet and dining area.