FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check in queue policy at ALC - unusual or the norm these days?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:36 pm
sammyg901

It's completely normal in my experience and also fair - those at the front of the ET queue would be waiting a horribly long time if they processed the whole of the CE queue first. It is inevitably full of people with heaps of luggage, lots of "paperwork" to faff with, 100 questions about their connection, a bronze card holder with a family of 9 etc etc. Standing in it is a really frustrating experience and quite often a mystery as to what is happening, as approx 100% of the time I walk up and am checked in within about 35 seconds

In my experience the ET queue will be faster - as UKTony says, the ET queue is speedy as it's often people who are well rehearsed in the ways of Easyjet etc. Personally unless the ET queue is a lot longer (or CE is small - e.g. a Greek island flight last year was only 3 rows of CE) then better to use that one.

What would be better is if they could provide 3 desks - 2 for CE and one for ET, the middle desk then handling ET if CE happens to clear. But that would cost money, so never going to happen.....