FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book the cook 2020 onward
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:21 am
san88

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
BTC: SIN-FRA-JFK (Suites)

Private room: Ribs quick bite, chicken pho, dim sum, chicken satay: Chicken pho & satay recommended, ribs & dim sum were ok. Don't skip the private room/ lounge or small bites, the SQ meals onboard are quite small servings!

SIN - FRA (supper) Chargrilled soya beef: It was overcooked, dry and tiny but I still finished (cannot compare to the beef on JAL)

SIN- FRA (supper) Classic lobster thermidor: It was slightly chewy BUT tasted ok, luke-warm.

SIN - FRA (Breakfast): Waffle was slightly soggy but the mascarpone cream/ cranberry was quite good and made the dish.

SIN - FRA (Bfast) Bak chor mee: It was okay, Not amazing but sufficient to have soup on the plane (I am a soup 🍜 person)

FRA- JFK (Brunch) Boston lobster thermidor, Chicken stir-fried noodles, 7oz beef fillet: The lobster on this flight was MUCH better than classic, more creamy and hot. Chicken noodles were fantastic and was not BTC but ordered from in-flight menu. The beef fillet was too char on the outside (hard), the middle was medium cooked.

FRA-JFK (lunch) Prawn wanton noodle soup: wasn't bad as long as you dressed it up with condiments.

FRA- SIN (Lunch) Honey glazed duckling: It was okay, it was better after soy sauce and hot chili peppers.

I've flown in J on SQ twice before and this was my first time in F. BTC, in my opinion, is sufficient and pretty dam cool to order your personal meal. It is not amazing like the earlier years I've flown in J. The classic lobster (SIN-FRA) was ok and not as warm as I liked. The Boston lobster (FRA-JFK) was much better. Honestly, the lobster I had on EVA in J was much much better. Keep in mind the portions were all pretty tiny, it's still an airplane meal. Service and crew always top-notch and BTC (J or F) SQ experience is still unique, fantastic and enjoyable.

Last edited by san88; Jan 6, 2020 at 10:38 am