FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:46 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
We have separate tickets, not the same PNR, ORD to FRA, then FRA to FLR. Is 2 hours enough time on Saturday at 6 am to:
deplane the ORD/FRA flight
collect luggage
Go through customs
check bags with LH, check into FRA/FLR flight
get through security (I am 1k, others general)
be at the gate for on time boarding?

let me know if this is reasonably possible or if there is anything I missed.

thanks
Early morning is a busy time in FRA for longhaul arrivals. I would not attempt what you propose with separate tickets. You are likely to arrive at a Z gate and will have to clear passport control to enter Germany/Schengen before collecting your luggage. With several other longhaul arrivals around 6am waiting time could be considerable. Customs on the other hand will be a breeze. You will then have to walk over to LH check-in counters to re-check your luggage and go through security into A concourse. As reported in this thread in the LH forum A security check points have often been very slow recently even if you can use priority lanes as *G.

I’m not sure if UA in ORD will through check your luggage to FLR if you show them your BP for the LH flight. If they do it will increase your chance of catching the flight to FLR substantially.