FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Best IHG Properties
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:39 am
Camflyer

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rbAA
Wow! I've never heard anyone rave about the breakfast at the HIX Soi 11 before, since it's probably the worst one I've experienced. But it depends on what you like. And, I recently noticed all the new restaurants around there, but they all look very pricy, included Thiger's Burger place-300 THB for a hamburger! It's good but not that good.

The HI Silom is actually closer to the Surasak BTS station than the HIX Soi 11 is to the Nana station, and that tuk-tuk you saw at HI Silom will take you there just about anytime you ask.
Yeah, I'm not sure on what planet the breakfast at HIX Soi 11 could be described as "good". I went out of curiosity on my first morning and then never went back. My expectations at breakfast at HIX are fairly low to start with but this was one of the worst I have seen anywhere. On the other hand, the Coffee Club served one of the best omelettes I've ever had.

Soi 11 has really gone upmarket in the last few years with a lot of middle to upper-end bars and restaurants opening which pushes up the prices for everywhere else and has forced other places to close or move - I especially miss Cheap Charlies which had to relocate to Soi 55(?) due to redevelopment works.