FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book the cook 2020 onward
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:12 am
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
So I ended up not bothering to go to the 2 restaurants on PP since it was a bit of a walk and I wanted to try the Polaris (UA) lounge. Major mistake. The served food was okay. What they DON'T advertise is that the sit down area stops taking orders at 9:30 and closes at 10!! The food was barely okay and the buffet food was downright dangerous. Hot food was kept at lukewarm temps just right for bad bacteria to multiply!

They also would not let me use a blanket outside the shower/quiet room area b/c the a/c was freezing. They said I could stay in the "quiet" dark area - but it was 10 degrees colder there which they didn't seem to understand that I didn't really want to be shivering............
I offered boarding pass/passport in case they were worried about me not returning it - no supervisor was available and service was horrible - I think it is a shame that SQ is paying for this - I'd even prefer the old small SQ lounge

Of course when I got to SIN the Silver Kris lounge had no trouble giving me as many pillows and blankets as I wanted with a smile.

Originally Posted by estnet
Thanks - I may just go over to term 3 and visit the 2 PP lounges (alto I'll check out the Polaris lounge haven't flown ua in ages). I was wondering if they opened 3 or 3 1/2 hours before flight b/c it's NYE and the flight is just before midnight so wanted to get there as early as possible to avoid the early drinkers on the road