FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Fleet : New aircraft arrivals and retirements master tracker
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:03 am
TedToToe

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 13901
Having said that, on the topic of why BA hasn't changed those mid-hauls yet... well, IAG hasn't ordered the A321neo in the -LR or -XLR version for BA (though they could always divert some of the options) and, at BA, the 321 neos are being used as the successor of the 763, though not on a like-for-like scenario. I suppose that the topic of whether to introduce a new narrowbody mid-hauler will eventually arrive in a few year's time; however parts of me think they might just get rid of them and be done with it. I've got nothing to back me up on this but my hunch, and I've always found that those A321s were, for BA, a bit of an acquired taste and too did the routes they plied. Of the former BMI routes, the overwhelming majority (ALA, GYD, TBS, EVN and I guess there were others) have gone. It'd be a shame, because I would definitely see a fit for an A321neoXLR at BA. There might not be the market or the interest for its routes, though.
Wasn’t there a plan for BEY and AMM to be operated by 787-8s? If there was, obviously the Trent issues have put paid to it, at least in the short term. I can only see BA expanding its mid haul offering (with A321LRs, for example) if and when the 3rd runway is built. That would likely open up a number of secondary TATL routes for them.