FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of switching to Delta
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:48 am
moulder3

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tphuang
I tend to think what you are seeing right now with JetBlue is about 3 years of pain (2018, 2019 and 2020) that will turn around once A220 and A321NEOs start coming in large numbers
I will NEVER understand why B6 customers are cheering the arrival of A220 when it means losing the E190s. B6 will switch from 100 seat planes with NO middle seats and the most comfortable economy seats & legroom to new ~140 seat (longer load/unload and time to get checked bags) planes with reduced legroom, less comfortable seats & MIDDLE seats. I get why it's more economical for B6, but definitely a downgrade in customer experience.

As for the A321NEO, that's not a great plane either. I was excited to fly it for the first time a few months ago but wasn't blown away. It has the AWFUL SpaceFlex bathrooms and is a clear downgrade from the A321Mint and even the A320 from the economy passenger experience. Less legroom, bigger plane (longer load/unload & checked bag times) and again reduced legroom. You could make an argument the A321NEO is better than the non-Mint, 200 seat A321...but it's close.