FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:16 am
wally5505

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Seconding what gaobest just said! There are some good food choices at the GW, but the little shopping mall place can be accessed via a little walking path along the side of the front entrance of the GW (opposite side of the parking garage) and there are some really nice places to eat. Some of them are "chain" type places like Ruth's Chris, Tommy Bahama, etc., but there are some cool places. Tommy Bahama's Happy Hour had a lot of really cool food choices, too.

The best place, in my opinion, by suuuuuch a long shot was Lahaina Grill. You obviously have to drive to Lahaina, but it is fun driving up there and checking things out along the way. The wait staff, the food, the atmosphere...absolutely wonderful. It was my wife's birthday and they brought out a piece of their awesome berry pie and a hand-signed, personalized card, which was fantastic and unexpected (I am not one to even mention special occasions out of fear of people doing some clappy happy song and everyone looking, lol). It is a bit pricey, but very well worth it.