FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your 2019 Luxury Hotel Year in Review
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:27 am
mike_la_jolla

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
JW Marriott Delhi -- India, so a different set of rules need to be applied. Solid, with weak food. B- maybe?

Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe (Incline, NV) -- Actually got one of the cottages this time. I like this hotel, but it is on the lower edge of luxury by the measure of this forum. The Lone Eagle Grill is one of my favorite bars in the world and makes up for the underwhelming aspects of the hotel.

FS SF (2x) -- In SF, you choose the hotel that sucks the least. For me that is FS as I have never liked the St. Regis nearby. The restaurant/bar has become more comfortable and less of an over-carbonated local pick up joint. The rooms are OK. I had to walk from the FS to Moscone West (2.5 blocks) ... and counted 38 homeless. One of 'em asked me for $4 to get some strawberries.

FS LV -- Remains my choice in Vegas.

FS Denver -- OK, although nowhere near as good as when it first opened. I miss the sushi bar. And the restaurant closes very early.

Le Blanc Cancun (2x) -- We've settled on Cancun after multiple *disastrous* Thanksgiving stays at FS Hualalai. Although the rooms are terrible, this all-inclusive deserves to be on this forum, easily beating RC, Belmond Maroma, Hyatt Zilara, and Nizuc. They don't do a good job of keeping the timeshare resources separated from the hotel.

FS Atlanta -- OK. A little dark in the suite I had.

Lydmar Stockholm -- OK, but declining. Doris the famous dog had died. I remain puzzled by the good reviews of Ett Hem. I hated the place.

71 Nyhavn Hotel Copenhagen -- Awful in every measure. 'Service', meaning anything related to the bars/restaurant/room/turndown, appeared to be optional. The room was dark and noisy with no privacy. It would have been a poor choice as a broom closet.

Resort at Squaw Creek -- OK, but below what we call luxury here.

He who must not be named and is Orange Hotel Chicago -- Good as always. I like this hotel.

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; Jan 3, 2020 at 2:21 pm