FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your 2019 Luxury Hotel Year in Review
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:02 am
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Chicago Pen is great. If you thought the JW HKG was a 9, Chicago Pen will be a 12! I'd say the JW HKG is more of a "7." The location is nice, but the rooms are tired and mediocre. Have stayed there a number of times but consider it more of a utilitarian options than a luxury one.
Just returned from our stay on January 1st and I don't think I can agree with your assessment of the Peninsula Chicago. So so so many service issues throughout our stay. From suggesting children programming that ended days before we checked in, to not scheduling an activity that we asked to schedule, to room service taking over 2 hours, etc. Then there was an incident at the Lobby that sums up my experience - the host handed me menus and the waiter saw and told me those are the wrong menus and he had "holiday" menus to give me instead. I took photos of both menus - the only difference was the price. The "holiday" menus were more expensive. Nothing else was different!